sabato 14 febbraio 2015

Happy Potatoes Tortoise


I ate this flan a long time ago, I was having dinner at my little cousin's Marta, her mom Bianca was cooking. I loved it!! They used to call it "tortoise flan"....very funny!
I do not know why I haven't been cooking it so far. But I did last week, and here is the recipe.
If you prepare it in a big ceramic baking dish like I did, it won't be easy to serve. An option could be to prepare it in smaller cocotte, very french style!

Ingredients
1kg potatoes
30ml milk
salt
butter
150g ham
200-300g cheese (I used italian fontina, but you can use any kind of cheese)
1 egg
shredded parmesan

Preparation
Prepare the mashed potatoes with milk, salt and butter. Mix them well and put 2/2 of it in a ceramic baking dish, leaving the edges higher to contain the filling you will add later.


Cut ham and cheese in little pieces and put them in the center of the meshed potatoes.


Add the remaining meshed potatoes on top and close the flan.


Mix the egg with shredded parmesan and distribute on top of the flan.
Bake at 180 C degrees until the parmesan is melted.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento